How to get
Pantelleria has a Harbour and an Airport and can be reached by flights or by ferry crossings (ferry or hydrofoil).
Crossings from/to Trapani are made by ferry (all year) or by hydrofoil (summer time) and run by Siremar and Traghetti delle Isole.
Siremar (ferry for goods and people transport) is available every day. The ferry leaves from Trapani at 11 pm and reaches the island at 6.30 am of the following day. The same ferry leaves at 10.30 am from Pantelleria and reaches Trapani at 4.00 pm. Tickets can be reserved at Agenzia Rizzo - Via Borgo Italia 91017 Pantelleria (TP) +39 0923 912921 or at agenzia ex Siremar of Trapani +39 0923 24968.
Traghetti delle Isole (cargo ship for goods and people) is available every day, unless on Tuesday and on Sunday. The ferry leaves from Trapani at 2.00 pm and reaches Pantelleria at 8.00 pm. The same ferry leaves from Pantelleria at 11.00 pm and reaches Trapani at 6.30 am of the following day. Tickets can be reserved at Agenzia marittima Minardi - Via Borgo Italia 91017 Pantelleria (TP) +39 0923 911502, or at Egatour Viaggi of Trapani +39 0923 21754.
Hydrofoil is run by Liberty Lines. It leaves from Trapani harbour at 1.40 pm and returns from Pantelleria harbour at 4.10 pm. The journey is about 2h10 and it is available every day unless on Tuesday during the summer (from June the 10th to September 30th).
There are daily and summer services:
Daily flights from/to Trapani/Palermo are run from 01/07/2018 by DAT (Danish Air Transport) and last about 45 minutes.
- from Trapani to Pantelleria: 08.10 - 19.15.
- from Pantelleria to Trapani: 07.10 - 18.05.
- from Palermo to Pantelleria: 10.45 - 16.50.
- from Pantelleria to Palermo: 09.30 - 14.45.
For Catania, always run by DAT, there is a new service from May to October 2018:
- 01-31 May and 01-31 October two flights twice a week (on Thursday and on Sunday);
- 01 June - 30 September four weekly flights (on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
In summer (from the end of May to October) various flights connect Pantelleria to the most important Italian towns: Rome, Bergamo, Milan airport of Malpensa, Milan airport of Linate, Venice, Bologna, Turin and Verona.
Flights from Rome:
- Blu-Express from July 13th to September 7th (on Monday and Friday)
- Alitalia from June 16th to September 9th (on Saturday and Sunday, direct flight).
Flights from Bergamo:
- Volotea from May 26th to October 7th (on Saturday and Sunday)
- Blu-Express from June 22nd to September 14th (on Monday and Friday).
Flights from Milan, airport of Malpensa:
- Alitalia from May 27th to October 14th (on Saturday).
Flights from Milan, airport of Linate:
- Alitalia from June 16th to September 9th (on Saturday and Sunday).
Flights from Venice:
- Volotea from May 26th to October 7th (on Saturday and Sunday).
Flights from Bologna:
- Alitalia from June 9th to September 15th (on Saturday).
Flights from Turin:
- Volotea from May 26th to October 6th (on Saturday and Sunday, direct flight).
Flights from Verona:
- Volotea from June 3rd to October 6th (on Saturday).